Sunday, October 16, 2011

Oldies but goodies

I love old people.

I always have.  Now, yes, there can be crochety old people, but for the most part, they're just little old sweeties.

In high school I worked at the local nursing home in my hometown.  I didn't have to do the gross things, but I visited with residents, handed out snacks and coordinated bingo.  Woo!  Easy peasy. 

Earlier this week, we took part in the United Way Day of Caring through our office.  Our assignment was over at some assisted living apartments.  We had two little old ladies and they were great.  I have forgotten how much I enjoy visiting with those grandma's and great-grandmas.

I need to find time in my life to get over to a nursing home and spend some time.  I'd like to bring the boys with me (two big ones at least, Samboni is just too much energy) and teach them the importance of valuing everyone.  That the visiting that we do actually will HELP both us and them. 

I feel I need to make this a priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment